In the supply chain, fluid communication between all actors that are part of the process is essential. Therefore, the Electronic Document Exchange (EDI) revolutionized all the parties that make up this supply chain, especially in sectors such as automotive, retail or logistics.
In this post we explain in detail the new EDI messages in the logistics sector:
- IFTMBF (International Forwarding and Transport Message Firm Booking): firm booking message. The agent who makes the reservation for the shuttle service confirms the service and accepts the conditions of transport. This is a single send message, so it does not require conformation.
- IFTMBC (International Forwarding and Transport Message Booking Confirmation): booking confirmation message. This is a message sent by the agent that manages the transport of the goods to the agent who requested the service. Confirmation of this message may be acceptance, rejection or pending acceptance. In addition, this message contains the conditions under which the requested services are performed.
- IFTMIN (International Forwarding and Transport Message – Instructions): Shipping instruction message. This is a message that includes the conditions under which the shipment will be made, which will have to be agreed by both parties. This message is sent by the agent that orders the transport service.
- IFTMCS (International Forwarding and Transport Message Contract Status: Contract status message. This message is made by the agent in charge of the transport of the goods, and it details the conditions of service.
- IFTSTA (Transport Status Message): This message provides information about the status of the goods, allowing them to be tracked.
What benefits does EDI bring to the business?
The Electronic Document Exchange has greatly simplified the relationship between companies and, also, between the different departments of companies, optimizing key processes such as purchases and sales, improving business relationships, avoiding errors and reducing costs.
Thanks to the traceability it offers, EDI message processes can be monitored and information extracted remotely.